Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Unable to start YARN - Error starting JobHistoryServer

Unable to start YARN - Error starting JobHistoryServer

New Contributor

Hi,

I am having issues while restarting YARN service. It keeps failing with errors shown in the logs below. YARN was working fine until last week and then the below error messages started to pop up all of a sudden.

Tried restarting YARN(ver:2.6.0)/JOB history server. Nothing worked. Kindly help to alleviate this issue.

Thanks,

Vinoth

Default file system [hdfs://master:8020]
Error starting JobHistoryServer
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobACLsManager from class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.serviceInit(HistoryFileManager.java:503)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistory.serviceInit(JobHistory.java:94)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.CompositeService.serviceInit(CompositeService.java:107)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.serviceInit(JobHistoryServer.java:145)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.launchJobHistoryServer(JobHistoryServer.java:222)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.main(JobHistoryServer.java:232)

Exiting with status -1
Stopping JobHistory

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to start YARN - Error starting JobHistoryServer

Master Guru
Are you certain you do not have older MR related jars in your system's CDH classpath locations? Perhaps in an embedded jar carrying some custom code but with an older CDH version bundled along?

New Contributor

HI Harsh

I am also facing same issue could you please help me on it? Below is the screen shot of the Error.

cloudera_yarn_issue.png

Regards
Deepak

Explorer

Is there a soluction to this issue?  I am having the same problem.

Thank you very much.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Hi,

Could you please open a new thread next time for a new issue? It might at first look related but there is a good chance that it is something completely different and the old issue might distract from finding the solution quickly.

If you have some error mesages or more detail than please provide it so we can help you.

Wilfred

New Contributor

HI I am also facing same issue, could you please let me know resolution of it?

And how can i check MR related jars in your system's CDH classpath locations?

Thanks in advance

Regards
deepak