Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to upgrade from HDP 2.3.4.0 to 2.3.4.7

Expert Contributor

I am trying to upgrade HDP 2.3.4.0 to HDP 2.3.4.7 version but I am getting below error message.

2017-01-07 19:49:31,961 - Package Manager failed to install packages. Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install '--disablerepo=HDP-*' --enablerepo=HDP-2.3.4.7,HDP-UTILS-2.3.4.7 rpcbind' returned 1. Transaction check error: package rpcbind-0.2.0-38.el7.x86_64 is already installed

Please find the attachement(error_log1.txt) for error summary. I have registered the target version but while performing package installation, I am facing this issue. Please find the attached screen shots for your reference.

Could you please help on this.

Thank you.

BR, Sampath

error-log1.txt

11222-stack-vesions.png

11224-version-status.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you please identify which version of Ambari you are running?

In these situations, I usually drop down to the host that is presenting the issue and try to run the command on the host. This may help provide a bit more detail on the actual issue. In this case, you may find that you need to remove the offending package yum erase <specific_package>, then have Ambari try to reinstall the packages.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Could you please identify which version of Ambari you are running?

In these situations, I usually drop down to the host that is presenting the issue and try to run the command on the host. This may help provide a bit more detail on the actual issue. In this case, you may find that you need to remove the offending package yum erase <specific_package>, then have Ambari try to reinstall the packages.

Expert Contributor

Thanks for your message.

Ambari version : 2.2.0.0.

I have removed the rpcbind-0.2.0-38.el7.x86_64 package and tried to upgrade the HDP and it worked for me.