Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to use HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox in apparently correct configurations...Please advice

Highlighted

Unable to use HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox in apparently correct configurations...Please advice

New Contributor

Hi,

I downloaded the HDP sandbox 2.6.5 (I need this version) and imported it in VirtualBox.

My laptop has 16 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD. When I started VirtualBox, there was 11+ GB FREE memory. I allocated ~10 GB to VirtualBox.

After starting the HDP 2.6.5 sandbox on VirtualBox, I could SSH into it at 127.0.0.1:2200 and 127.0.0.1:2122 (these were the ports defined in the port forwarding rules).

However, I saw that the services aren't started on the sandbox though I see a successful message on VB.  ps -ef | grep ambari returns nothing. And, I can't see the Ambari login page at 127.0.0.1:8080.

I'm in my home network and there are no firewalls etc. or Avast antivirus running (I do have McAfee though).

For testing, I manually downloaded the Ambari server on the sandbox and started it using yum install ambari-server, ambari-server setup and ambari-server start. After that, I could open the Ambari dashboard from my browser.

I tried downloading the sandbox image afresh multiple times and importing into VB, but nothing worked. I couldn't see any relevant logs at /var/log/

Can anyone please suggest what's going wrong and how to make it work?

Best Regards,

Indrajit