Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 172.30.12.81

Highlighted

Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 172.30.12.81

New Contributor

Hi Guys .. i need help, I Try upload file but i receive error Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 172.30.12.81, IP ADDR 172.30.12.81 belongs to my workstation, that is, I am not authorized to send files from other machines. I would like to know where I add to free so that everyone who connects to hadoop can send files.

regards,

Rui

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 172.30.12.81

Contributor

@Rui Ornellas Junior You can configure proxy user using properties hadoop.proxyuser.$superuser.hosts along with either or both of hadoop.proxyuser.$superuser.groups and hadoop.proxyuser.$superuser.users.

By specifying as below in core-site.xml, the superuser named root can connect only from host1 and host2

<property>
     <name>hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts</name>
     <value>host1,host2</value>
   </property>

New Contributor

Ok I accessed via ssh my linux server where the ambari is, then I put the sudo su - hdfs command to access with the hdfs user ... then I accessed the / etc / hadoop / conf / directory and inside it I changed The core-site.xml, I went to the screen of the ambari -server and I selected all the hosts, I restarted all the services, then I accessed the files view screen where I performed a file upload and the error continues. My question is how should I change the core-site.xml file and what are the next steps

New Contributor

Where that file gets to change those parameters, I'm noob on hadoop.

Contributor

You need to add this to core-site.xml through Ambari in HDFS configurations

New Contributor

After changing the file, which services I reboot. @lraheja

@Rui Ornellas Junior

You need restart HDFS, YARN, MAPREDUCE and HIVE services.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here