Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the

Unset 'world read'

Unset 'world read'

Explorer

I need to be able to find directories and files at a specified path that have 'world read' set. From there, I'm hoping to generate and execute HDFS commands to unset 'world read' on the files (for governance/access compliance).

I'm thinking I'll have to use Python and the RESTful API, but I was hoping someone could provide some guidance - or if there's an easier way to unset 'world read' on a large number of files, that would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unset 'world read'

Super Collaborator

You should be able to achieve that with HdfsFindTool see http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/archive/search/1-3-0/Cloudera-Search-User-Guide/csug_hdfsfindt...

ie:

hadoop jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/search-mr-1.0.0-cdh5.5.1.jar org.apache.solr.hadoop.HdfsFindTool -find "/" -perm -o=r

Re: Unset 'world read'

Explorer

So, I'm pretty new to the Cloudera/Hadoop world...

If I wanted to to find all files in /temp_example that have world read set, and unset world read on all those files - would I do something like...

hadoop jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/search-mr-1.0.0-cdh5.5.1.jar org.apache.solr.hadoop.HdfsFindTool -find "/temp_example" -perm -o=r

I'm assuming that "-perm -o=r" is looking for files with world read set? If so, I'm guessing the above command would then output all files/directories with world read set - what then would I need to add to the command to unset world read?

Thanks for your assistance by the way - again, very new to this world :)