Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unsuccessful cloudera live + tableau deployment

Unsuccessful cloudera live + tableau deployment

New Contributor

After several intents during the last seven days I'm unable to deploy cloudera+tableau on AWS although the stack reports CREATE_COMPLETE.

The remote desktop connection to the windows tableau server allows the registration and the 14 day trial activation although it won't ever connect to Cloudera Hadoop data source on AWS using the provided Impala ODBC drivers. As many users have reported the second email was not ever sent and the http://<<ManagerNodeIP>>:7180/cmf/login wouldn't work.

SSH access to all linux AWS instances reveal no services running (netstat, ls /usr/lib, ls /var/lib, etc)  

Please help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unsuccessful cloudera live + tableau deployment

Master Collaborator

Sorry for the frustration - I'm looking into what might have been happening right now. You said you didn't get the second email - did you get the first one that gave you a link to the progress bar? It's very unusual (it's actually unhead of since we launched on AWS) for it to get that far but fail for any reason other than the cluster being deleted before the deployment is finished. If you'd like to send me a private message or email cloudera-live@cloudera.com with the specific access code you tried most recently, I'll take a look at your specific case and see if we can get you a working cluster ASAP.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I will send you the access code and use it to go through the entire process once again in this very moment. I will keep you posted.  

The only email I've received stated :

Thank you for your interest in Cloudera Live, the easiest way to get started with Apache Hadoop.
Your access code is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Master Collaborator

So if anyone else has been having very large delays the past few days, the problem should have been resolved. The system has caught up on every cluster that was still running, and I don't expect any problems for new attempts. But if you have previously tried and deleted your cluster and would like to try again, be aware that you will need a new access code as your previous access code will already be associated with the cluster from your previous attempt.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here