Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Updating CDH using parcels

Highlighted

Updating CDH using parcels

New Contributor

Hi,
I installed a cluster (several slaves, one master and a separate admin wih CM) using Cloudera manager 4.5 without parcels (CDH 4.2) few months ago and it's working well.

I updated Cloudera Manager to 4.8 and it's working again.

But now I want to update CDH on all my hosts to CDH 4.5 using parcels : the step one (downloading) is ok, the distribution on all hosts is ok, the uncompress is ok (step 2) is ok on the servers, but Cloudera Manager interface doesn't "see" that all the parcel is uncompress.
And then I can't click on the step 3 (activation)

Here the answer of the status page : http://clouderamanager:7180/cmf/parcel/details

[{"cluster":{"id":1,"name":"Cluster 1 - CDH4","urls":{"downloadUrl":"/cmf/parcel/downloadUpstream","deleteUrl":"/cmf/parcel/deleteLocal","activateUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/activateParcel","deactivateUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/deactivateParcel","restartPopupUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/parcelRestartPopup","distributeUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/distributeParcels","undistributeUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/undistributeParcels","cancelUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/cancelParcel","upgradeUrl":"/cmf/clusters/1/upgradePopup"}},"states":[{"version":"1.2.3-1.p0.97","product":"IMPALA","isUpgradeNeeded":false,"releaseNotes":null,"state":{"description":"0/1 parcels disponibles.","errors":[],"progress":0,"count":0,"warnings":[],"stage":"AVAILABLE_REMOTELY","totalProgress":0,"totalCount":0,"combinedProgress":0,"combinedTotalProgress":100,"hostCount":0,"roleCount":0,"serviceCount":0}},{"version":"1.1.0-1.cdh4.3.0.p0.21","product":"SOLR","isUpgradeNeeded":false,"releaseNotes":null,"state":{"description":"0/1 parcels disponibles.","errors":[],"progress":0,"count":0,"warnings":[],"stage":"AVAILABLE_REMOTELY","totalProgress":0,"totalCount":0,"combinedProgress":0,"combinedTotalProgress":100,"hostCount":0,"roleCount":0,"serviceCount":0}},{"version":"4.5.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.30","product":"CDH","isUpgradeNeeded":false,"releaseNotes":null,"state":{"description":"100 % distribués et 0 % décompressés.","errors":[],"progress":6050,"count":0,"warnings":[],"stage":"DISTRIBUTING","totalProgress":12100,"totalCount":11,"combinedProgress":50,"combinedTotalProgress":100,"hostCount":0,"roleCount":0,"serviceCount":0}}]}]

Specially

{"description":"100 % distribués et 0 % décompressés."

100 % distributed and 0 % uncompressed but all the data is uncompressed on servers in

root@bigdatas09g:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-4.5.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.30# ll
total 28
drwxr-xr-x  7 root         root         4096 Nov 21 02:55 ./
drwxrwxrwx  3 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 4096 Jan  9 15:23 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root         root         4096 Nov 21 02:55 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 19 root         root         4096 Nov 21 01:04 etc/
drwxr-xr-x 22 root         root         4096 Nov 21 03:18 lib/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root         root         4096 Nov 21 02:55 meta/
drwxr-xr-x  7 root         root         4096 Nov 21 01:05 share/
root@bigdatas09g:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-4.5.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.30# 

I have also an integration server where all the rôle are installed and it's working well.

Do you have and idea to solve my problem ?

Can I "force" Cloudera manager to tell it that the uncompress is done ?

Thanks for you help

Jérôme

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Updating CDH using parcels

New Contributor

Hi, 

Just to solve this topic, many days after.

The problem came from cloudera manager agents which was blocked on slaves.

After to have restarted all the servers, and specially all the agents, I succeded to activate the parcels and it's working well now.

But sometimes, for some update, the agent are blocking and it's impossible to restart the master : I have to kill cloudera-scm-agent and cloudera-scm-agent-db.

Regards

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here