Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Upgrade to HDP 2.5 stuck

Upgrade to HDP 2.5 stuck

New Contributor

I have attempted to upgrade a small cluster from HDP 2.4 to HDP 2.5. HDP 2.5 has been install on all the machines according to the Ambari UI. When I attempt the upgrade it will not let me continue with the following message:

Reason: Upgrade attempt (id: 51, request id: 347, from version: 2.4.0.0-169, to version: 2.5.0.0-1245) did not complete task with id 1,792 since its state is FAILED instead of COMPLETED. Please ensure that you called:

ambari-server set-current --cluster-name=$CLUSTERNAME --version-display-name=$VERSION_NAME

Further, change the status of host_role_command with id 51 to COMPLETED

Failed on: MyCluster

I ran the command as suggest the with version HDP-2.5.0.0.

It fails with the following error:

REASON: Error during setting current version. Http status code - 500.
 {                                                                                               "status" : 500,                                                                                 "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Finalization failed. More details: \nSTDOUT: Begin finalizing the upgrade of
 cluster MyCluster to version 2.5.0.0-1245
The following 1 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.5.0.0-1245. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.
 Hosts: MyHost
 STDERR: The following 1 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.5.0.0-1245. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.
 Hosts: MyHost"
}

I cannot reconcile these two error messages. I also cannot reinstall the version because an upgrade is in progress. What do I need to do to move forward with the upgrade?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Upgrade to HDP 2.5 stuck

Contributor

@SteveSeverance Run the below command, and restart ambari server. That should fix it.

update host_role_command set state='COMPLETED' where request_id=347;