Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Upgrading to CentOS 6.7... what version of CDH should I go with?

New Contributor

Hello fellow Cloudera community members.

I am running CDH 5.0.0 in my test environment on the CentOS 6.5 platform and thinking about upgrading to CentOS 6.7.  Is anyone running a 5.x version of CDH 5.x on CentOS 6.7 yet?  If so what version has worked for you?  Thanks in advance.

Y2Kade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No version of CDH supports CentOS 6.7 as of now. It would be best if you
applied updates that are specific to CentOS6.5

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

No version of CDH supports CentOS 6.7 as of now. It would be best if you
applied updates that are specific to CentOS6.5

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Gautam.  I thought that was the case but wanted to throw the idea out there to see if anyone was successfully running on 6.7.  I guess we'll stick with 6.5 for now.

New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

We are successfuly running CentOS 6.7 across all of our linux name/data/etc ... nodes

asdfsid:~/ $ ssh uallprdhdd01

CentOS release 6.7 (Final)

Kernel 2.6.32-573.7.1.el6.x86_64 on an x86_64

New Contributor

I upgraded my dev (8 nodes) and integration (33 nodes) clusters in December from CM 5.4 [with CDH 5.4.8 running on CentOS 6.5] to CM 5.5.    The upgrade of the CM to version 5.5 allowed the OS to be upgraded from CentOS 6.5 to 6.7.    The environments have been running successfully for a few weeks now so the production cluster will undergo the same upgrades.

New Contributor

We have been running cdh 5.3.3 in CentOS release 6.7 for a while in production (120 node solr and 50 node hbase). We are doing fine!