Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Use Cloudera Manager with a local repo

Highlighted

Use Cloudera Manager with a local repo

Explorer

Hello:

We are using Cloudera free edition CDH4 on  Centos 6.

I created a local repo of CDH and want to use that versus getting data over our internet connection.

However it seems that the scm generates a new yum repo each time it starts up and overwrites my yum.repos.d repo files.

I see these repo files in the directory below and those are what seem to be used to overwrite /etc/yum.repos.d

/tmp/scm_prepare_node.wKXFKq70/repos/rhel6
                  cloudera-cdh4.repo  cloudera-manager.repo

Is there anyway to force scm to use my repo files?

Thanks

bg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Use Cloudera Manager with a local repo

Cloudera Employee

When you're in the "add host wizard," there's an option to specify the repo you want to use.  We'll always, however, create .repo files and place them in repos.d.

If you want to avoid the issue, you can install packages manually and point /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini to the server, or manually point to an empty repo: yum will install the packages from whatever repo they get found in.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks Philip. I found this out about 3 hours after I posted this.

I had used that same option in the past but appears I have very short term memory.

Thanks again.

Brian

Explorer

Hi Brian,

Can you please explain the steps to resolve this problem? Where do i chagne this setting?

Regards,

Hari N

Highlighted

Explorer

I am having the same problem with CM5.5.1. Could you please tell me how to point /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini to point to my local repository ?