Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Use of Add "New Application" in Streaming Applications Manager - SAM in Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF-3), gives ERROR - Cannot read property "topologyComponentUISpecification" of undefined !!

Use of Add "New Application" in Streaming Applications Manager - SAM in Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF-3), gives ERROR - Cannot read property "topologyComponentUISpecification" of undefined !!

Explorer

When I click on NEW APPLICATION option under "My Application" in S.A.M, to add/create a NEW application, SAM displays the ERROR - "Cannot read property 'TopologyComponentUISpecification' of undefined" !!!

PLEASE NOTE:

(a) I have previously created - a valid SERVICE POOL and ENVIRONMENT in SAM, successfully, for use by the 'New Application' builder.

(b) How can I resolve the above ERROR, to continue to ADD a NEW APPLICATION (using the 'New Application' function) in SAM ??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Use of Add "New Application" in Streaming Applications Manager - SAM in Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF-3), gives ERROR - Cannot read property "topologyComponentUISpecification" of undefined !!

@Leonard Edwin can you make sure you ran /usr/hdf/current/streamline/bootstrap/bootstrap.sh . Make sure the server is up and running.

Highlighted

Re: Use of Add "New Application" in Streaming Applications Manager - SAM in Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF-3), gives ERROR - Cannot read property "topologyComponentUISpecification" of undefined !!

Explorer

Hi Shriharsha, thanks for the advice to run the 'bootstrap.sh' script ... It resolved the issue and I was able to add/create the application.

However, when I dragged a KAFKA source tile component unto the Application Builder canvas - and double clicked on it to configure/specify the mandatory argument 'KAFKA TOPIC*'; on selecting the correct topic from the dropdown list - the error 'SCHEMA NOT FOUND' was displayed by the application builder service.

How can I resolve this second error ??

Thank You :)

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Shriharsha, here is the screenshot (attached) for the second error, posted earlier:

screen-shot-2017-07-18-at-12057-pm.png

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

I have same problem (Cannot read property 'topologyComponentUISpecification' of undefined) How did you solve?

Highlighted

Contributor

so the schema name and the topic name need to be same, thus it shows it in the drop down.