Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Use of zoopkeeper.znode.parent properties in hbase ?

Use of zoopkeeper.znode.parent properties in hbase ?

Contributor

Hi All,

Can you anyone explain

1.Use of zoopkeeper.znode.parent properties in hbase

2.How to set spark class path for hbase in secure cluster(kerbose)

3.Apart from hbase class path what are the other required file or path need to be place in spark classpath.while we use spark submit in HDP

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Use of zoopkeeper.znode.parent properties in hbase ?

1. Defines the root znode in ZooKeeper which HBase will write all of its data to. Clients need to know this znode so that they can discover where HBase is running.

3. You'll definitely need core-site.xml and hbase-site.xml on the classpath when Kerberos is enabled.

Contributor

so can i say znode is similar to region server .Where the znode data will be saved and how to verify it?

Highlighted

"so can i say znode is similar to region server" -- I have no idea what you mean by this.

"Where the znode data will be saved and how to verify it?" -- In ZooKeeper. You use zkCli.sh and `ls` the path you provided.

Contributor

I am new to hbase ..Here I dont understand .What kind of data will be saved in znode . i mean metadata or original data ?

In the zkclii.sh .I used get command to display the /hbase-secure .But i can see the the data length =0 ...is this mean no data has not saved?...

HBase uses ZooKeeper for internal consensus across nodes and for service discovery, internally and for clients. Unless you are facing a specific error, trying to poke around in ZooKeeper is not going to help you. Would recommend that you focus on ensuring your Spark code is set up correctly.

Super Collaborator

@senthil kumar :

Did you encounter issue working with Spark hbase connector ?

Normally you don't need to interpret the data stored in znode.

If you do, you can use the 'get' command in zkcli :

http://pastebin.com/mTSLh8vw

Contributor

yes ..I am facing issue working with spark hbase ...

.I used get command to display the /hbase-secure .But i can see the the data length =0 ......what is data length means here ?

Every ZooKeeper node can store data and have children. The data length of zero states that the /hbase-secure node has no data which is expected (HBase does not store anything in this node)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here