Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Using Apache Maven, POM Files and Open Source Dependencies During CCP: Data Engineer Exam (DE575)

Using Apache Maven, POM Files and Open Source Dependencies During CCP: Data Engineer Exam (DE575)

New Contributor

I was reviewing the list of tools available for the CCP: Data Engineer Exam (DE575)

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/v5-3-x/topics/cdh_vd_cdh_package_tarb...

It is not obvious if Maven can be used during the exam to compile the JAR files.

I typically use Maven to build my Jars and I use some open source dependencies in my Map/Reduce logic.

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/training/certification/ccp-data-engineer.html

I would like to know if Maven is available during this test and if I can point my pom file to 

https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos so that I can use open source libraries such as Google GSON, Joda Time and Apache Common utils during the exam in my M/R code.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CCDH-410 Exam Result Anomaly

Community Manager

@neeraj_mrce Sorry to hear you had some issues with the exam. Your best course of action in this case would be to email certification@cloudera.com for assistance. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor
Hi Cloudera Team,

This is Vimal. I took the exam today 12-23-2015 at 10:30 AM EST.

I too got 69 % in-spite of answering all the questions and i am sure that around 45 questions were correct to the best of my knowledge.Was shocked to see the result.

I would insist your team to re-evaluate my paper and provide justice.

I would also insist other canditates who are facing this similar issue to bring it to the notice of cloudera team for the resolution.

Community Manager

The best course of action for all involved is to email certification@cloudera.com so the team can look into the issue. I will also email my contacts about the issue. 

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor

Thanks for the update. I sent an email with all my concerns to certification@cloudera.com. Still i didnt get any update from the team. Please help us to get update

New Contributor

Even I got the 69% even though I have put almost 45 questions correctly

Community Manager

All, I have confirmed with the Certification team that they have contacted each of you about the situation. I am therefor closing this thread.

Your best course of action from here out is to email certification@cloudera.com with any addition concerns as the forum is not the appropriate place to discuss the specifics of your case. 

Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor
Hi Cloudera Team,

This is Saravanan Shanmugam. I took the exam today 12-22-2015 at 5:15 AM IST.

I too got 69 % in-spite of answering all the questions and i am sure that around 45 questions were correct to the best of my knowledge.Was shocked to see the result.

I would insist your team to re-evaluate my paper and provide justice.

I would also insist other canditates who are facing this similar issue to bring it to the notice of cloudera team for the resolution.

Note: After my exam,my login id of cloudera portal is disabled.I have created another id to post this message.

Thanks & Regards
Saravanan

New Contributor

Any Update on this?

New Contributor

Any update on this Neeraj?