Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Using Cloudbreak to create cluster on AWS

Highlighted

Using Cloudbreak to create cluster on AWS

Explorer

Trying to create a cluster on AWS using Cloudbreak AMI. After a profile has been configured with proper AWS creds and using mostly resources that came predefined with Cloudbreak cluster creation fails with the following error -

/cbreak_cloudbreak_1 | 2016-07-17 14:13:16,231 [reactorDispatcher-85] accept:38 INFO  c.s.c.s.e.CloudbreakEventHandler - [owner:undefined] [type:CLOUDBREAKEVENTDATA] [id:undefined] [name:undefined] Sending notification with data: CloudbreakEvent{id=22, eventType='CREATE_FAILED', eventTimestamp=Sun Jul 17 14:13:16 UTC 2016, eventMessage='Ambari cluster could not be created. Reason: com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.orchestrator.exception.CloudbreakOrchestratorFailedException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate key 10.0.10.140', owner='40cc932b-8177-4429-95f9-cf54999cb3ef', account='seq1234567', cloud='AWS', region='us-east-1', blueprintName='hdp-spark-cluster', instanceGroup='null', blueprintId=2', stackId=2', clusterId=2', clusterName=horton-cluster-new}

Any further details I've omitted will be gladly supplied, Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Using Cloudbreak to create cluster on AWS

Expert Contributor

Could please share more detail with us ? What was the network setup? Or could you please send us the whole log? my mail is rdoktorics@hortonworks.com

Br,

Richard

Highlighted

Contributor

Could you check your VPC settings on the AWS console that "DNS hostnames" and "DNS resolution" are switched to "yes"?

Highlighted

New Contributor

I have both settings set to yes on my vpc but I am getting the same error using the default blueprints. Any ideas?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi,

We have tried several things, using the "default-aws-network" to create a new VPC, we've tried connecting to an existing VPC with the same results.

The infrastructure is been created, we can see from the log that the SALT is starting it's job, but when it tries to deploy the "cbgateway" it keep fails with the same error of "duplicate key".

The "interesting" part is that if we try to deploy to a different region, it pass manage to install the "cbgateway" and the ambari is up.

Any suggestion how to attack this one?

All of the best,

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

How do you running the cloudbreak shell ? Are you using the 'cbd util cloudbreak-shell' command?

Highlighted

New Contributor

We are using the the web shell to deploy

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

what is web shell? are you running the shell in a container or just simply use a jar file?