Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Using ExecuteSQL (impala) in Nifi to query kerberos kudu cluster: Error creating login context using ticket cache: Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication

Highlighted

Using ExecuteSQL (impala) in Nifi to query kerberos kudu cluster: Error creating login context using ticket cache: Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication

New Contributor

Hi Is there anyone who is in the same scenario and manage to use nifi executesql with impala driver to query kerberos kudu successfully?

I have tried many of cloudera Impala's drivers and the one that is working with a non-kerberos environment is Impala JDBC Connector 2.6.4. The other versions display error: "com.cloudera.impala.jdbc41.internal.apache.thrift.transport.Tsocket"

For the kerberos kudu, I used Impala JDBC Connector 2.6.4 and tried with KerberosCredentialService but failed with error: "Privileged action failed due to: null"

Then i tried removing KerberosCredentialService and used the following URL but failed with error as well: "Error creating login context using ticket cache: Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication"

URL: "jdbc:impala://kudu01.domain.com:21050/default;AuthMech=1;KrbHostFQDN=_HOST;KrbServiceName=impala;"

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here