Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded -- Occurs during Ambari Service Install

Highlighted

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded -- Occurs during Ambari Service Install

New Contributor

Hello,

When installing Ranger or IBM SPSS server, we are getting this error in Ambari. This occurs during the installation and fails the installation. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

HDP 2.4.2

The Ranger that is included in the the Ambari HDP 2.4.2 service, which i believe is: Apache Ranger, 0.5.2

IBM SPSS 3.0.0.0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 37, in <module>
    BeforeInstallHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/hook.py", line 33, in hook
    install_repos()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/repo_initialization.py", line 66, in install_repos
    _alter_repo("create", params.repo_info, template)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-INSTALL/scripts/repo_initialization.py", line 34, in _alter_repo
    repo_dicts = json.loads(repo_string)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded -- Occurs during Ambari Service Install

Expert Contributor

@Felix Whats the ambari version and HDP stack version ?

Highlighted

Re: ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded -- Occurs during Ambari Service Install

New Contributor

I updated the question with the versions, thanks for asking!

@Felix M Hello, I would like to collect more information so we can work towards solving this issue.

1. On IBM SPSS host can you give me:

• OS/Vendor (ie. CentOS 6.6, etc)
  • Version of Python (python --version)

2. You say this happens during Install of server, so looking at your ambari stack, is ranger installed, or install failed, or not there at all?

3. rpm -qa | grep ranger

4. attach the /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log to this thread.

--

Thank you,

Orlando Teixeira

Hortonworks, Inc.

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Orlando Teixeira

Sorry for this late reply, but this issue came up again, specifically with the IBM SPSS software install. We scrapped the above installation, and started anew on a new cluster and came across the exact same issue. I have posted the agent and server logs corresponding with the installation.

We are at a loss, and are not sure what is going on. If you have any ideas where i can put some debug statements to clarify whats going on, I am more than willing to do so.

Vendor Information:

python 2.6.6

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 (Santiago)