Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Virtualbox HDP2.6 Sandbox - Ambari Dashboard link shows Tomcat Welcome page

Highlighted

Virtualbox HDP2.6 Sandbox - Ambari Dashboard link shows Tomcat Welcome page

New Contributor

I downloaded and imported HDP2.6 for Virtualbox successfully in a Windows 7 machine. Using 127.0.0.1, I can ssh to the server, and display welcome page @ 8888, but launch dashboard@8080 displayed Tomcat welcome page instead of Ambari login. The version for VMWare works fine with Ambari. Is it just me? Any hint is appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Virtualbox HDP2.6 Sandbox - Ambari Dashboard link shows Tomcat Welcome page

Contributor

@Weidong Ding Port 8080 might be already in use. Usually tomcat runs on port 8080. You can optionally change the ambari port https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.2.0/bk_ambari-reference/content/optional_changi...

New Contributor

Thanks Ishan for the quick response! I tried to change the port to 8081, after restarted ambari server, I still couldn't reach 8081(This site can't be reached). Even though ambari-server start returned succcessful:

Server started listening on 8081

Any clue?

Contributor

try disabling the firewall.

service iptables stop

Please let me know if that helps

New Contributor

The command to disable firewall failed

[root@sandbox ~]# service iptables stop

iptables: Unloading modules: iptable_nat iptable_filter iptable_nat iptable_filter ip_tables [FAILED]

New Contributor

@Weidong Ding, did you find any resolution to this issue? Even after changing the port for Ambari Server and restarting, it's taking me to the tomcat welcome page just like you were getting.