Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

We are unable to bring up the cloudera scm server as it is looking into wrong path for the parcels.

Highlighted

We are unable to bring up the cloudera scm server as it is looking into wrong path for the parcels.

New Contributor

We are unable to bring up the cloudera scm server as it is looking into wrong path for the parcels. Since, I am unable to bring up the WebUI, is there a way to configure scm-server in the command line to make it search right directory for the parcels.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: We are unable to bring up the cloudera scm server as it is looking into wrong path for the parce

Expert Contributor

Where is it looking right now with an error?

The correct path for CDH5 is /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo

I'm using RedHat 6.6 but that should matter.

Re: We are unable to bring up the cloudera scm server as it is looking into wrong path for the parce

New Contributor

Long story short: Since we were running out of space on root, we tried to change the parcels directory on one of the disks /dfs/1 (But did not commit the changes). scm server failed to start after a restart. Among the many errors that logged, first was the wrong path of parcels which was pointing to /dfs/1/opt/cloudera/parcel-repo so I was suspecting an error in the path from which scm-server was referring the repos but the error was from the SQL server which failed to start properly.

Super Collaborator

In this type of situation, to repair things you can create a sym link from the old location to the new location to provide the old path to the process so it starts up properly.  You can then set the proper path in the CM UI once it comes up, save the change (sounds like that did not happen in your previous attempt) and then attempt to restart with your desired location in place.