Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Web Portal Ambari to another server?

Highlighted

Web Portal Ambari to another server?

New Contributor

How do I move this service to another node. If I add multiple edge login nodes I want users to be able to login to the web portal.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Web Portal Ambari to another server?

Super Mentor

@Bill Makers

Regarding your query "How do I move this service to another node."

>>> Ambari Server can be moved from one host to another as instructed and documented in :

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.2.0/bk_ambari-reference/content/ch_amb_ref_movi...

Regarding your query "If I add multiple edge login nodes I want users to be able to login to the web portal."

>>> You can create users in Ambari Web UI and assign them appropriate roles. Those users should be able to login to the ambari web ui and should be able to perform operations based on their role.

Highlighted

New Contributor

My users need to access the ambari web gui. Do you typically run ambari server on edge nodes? What is best practice?

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Bill Makers

You can install Ambari-Server on either edge node or in a separate host. Both should be fine.

As you mentioned that "My users need to access the ambari web gui.", Ideally users who wants to access the Ambari UI just need a Web Browser to access the ambari server. The only thing they need to be worried about is that they are able to access the ambari server hostname & port from the machine where they are running the web browser.

Having ambari on a dedicated host helps in providing enough dedicated resources to it (although ambari server can be installed co-located to the host where HDP components are running). If we run the Database (Oracle/MySQL/Postgres ..etc) as well on the same ambari host then the DB calls will be much faster compared to a remote DB server.

Whatever host we are planning to install Ambari, we should keep the minimum requirement of ambari in mind. https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-amb...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here