Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What are the benefits of running Nifi as a windows service? what benefits do I get when I run NiFi as a service. I read we can use winsw.exe or NSSM to run an application as a service, is this technique PROD ready?

What are the benefits of running Nifi as a windows service? what benefits do I get when I run NiFi as a service. I read we can use winsw.exe or NSSM to run an application as a service, is this technique PROD ready?

Contributor

There are 2 questions, apologies for asking them in one statement

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What are the benefits of running Nifi as a windows service? what benefits do I get when I run NiFi as a service. I read we can use winsw.exe or NSSM to run an application as a service, is this technique PROD ready?

@dhieru singh

The best benefit with running NiFi as a windows service is that it can be configured to start automatically if the system is rebooted for any reason.

I think depending on your use case that MiNiFi might be a better choice for a production flow on a windows based system.

What is your specific use case?

Re: What are the benefits of running Nifi as a windows service? what benefits do I get when I run NiFi as a service. I read we can use winsw.exe or NSSM to run an application as a service, is this technique PROD ready?

Contributor
@Wynner

Thanks for the response. At present all the end points feeds their logs to a group of central windows servers and then these servers feeds to Nifi.

The use case is to start and stop Nifi automatically without any admin intervention. I have not explored MiNiFi yet, however since you suggested I will look into it.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here