Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What are the best practices for replicating HDFS and Hive data from a Production cluster to DR cluster?

Highlighted

What are the best practices for replicating HDFS and Hive data from a Production cluster to DR cluster?

Contributor

Can some one help me in what are the best practices and ways to do the Data replication in Prod cluster.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: What are the best practices for replicating HDFS and Hive data from a Production cluster to DR cluster?

New Contributor

Re: What are the best practices for replicating HDFS and Hive data from a Production cluster to DR cluster?

Contributor

Hi Patel,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know any best practices for using Distcp. I am looking for best practices other than Falcon.

Thanks,

Suri

New Contributor

Hi Suri,

With distcp you will not be able to replicate Hive metadata.Only HDFS data can be replicated!.

If you have any further question then feel free to ask.

If you like my answer then please select as best answer!

Thanks.

New Contributor
@ Suri Nuthalapati

Super Guru

Contributor

Timothy, Thank you for your response. But I am looking for best ways to replicate HDFS also using Distcp.

Suri

Super Guru
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here