Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What is instance url in SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask

Highlighted

What is instance url in SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask

New Contributor

In nifi 1.4, the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask has two properties: destination url and instance url? Our nifi is deployed as a cluster.

1.what is the instance url? is that the nifi rest url?

2.How is the instance url different from an destination url?

Any way to find the instance url from the nifi.properties?

Thanks,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is instance url in SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask

The documentation has descriptions of each property...

Destination URL -

The URL of the destination NiFi instance to send data to, should be a comma-separated list of address in the format of http(s)://host:port/nifi.

Instance URL -

The URL of this instance to use in the Content URI of each event.

You probably don't need to change Instance URL since it already defaults to http://${hostname(true)}:8080/nifi

New Contributor

It is noticed that the following rule is true only for nifi 1.5. For nifi 1.4, it accepts only one url instead of a list of urls delimited by comma for the destination field. For nifi 1.4, some events are not sent to the input port because we can configure only a single address. Any workaround for this issue?

Destination URL -

The URL of the destination NiFi instance to send data to, should be a comma-separated list of address in the format of http(s)://host:port/nifi.

Mark

Is there an error that is indicating some events are not sent?

The destination URL can still be a single node... the sending instance makes a call to the destination URL and asks it for the list of all nodes in the cluster, then sends data to all the nodes.

So lets say the destination cluster has 3 nodes and you put node #1 as the destination URL. The source instance asks node #1 for the information about all the nodes in the cluster, and node #1 returns a list of the hostnames/ports for all 3 nodes. The source instance then sends data to all 3 nodes.

The only case where the multiple destination urls is needed is to protect against the case where node #1 happened to be down when it was asked for the node information. If there is a second URL then it can fail-over and ask the second URL, but this is only relevant when refreshing the information about the nodes, not when actually sending the data.

New Contributor
@Bryan Bende

I checked the Bulletin Board and I can see the messages there. My SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask in controller setting is running. However, there is no message that gets into input port and then get published to kafka. It worked before. After my restarting nifi, it does not send out messages anymore.

Thanks,

Mark