Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What is the process to add a 4th journal node in a running HA cluster with 3 journal nodes already?

What is the process to add a 4th journal node in a running HA cluster with 3 journal nodes already?

New Contributor

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: What is the process to add a 4th journal node in a running HA cluster with 3 journal nodes already?

This article, http://zdatainc.com/2015/09/add-journalnode-to-ambari-managed-hadoop-cluster/, looks promising. Do remember to keep the total # of JNs to an odd number.

Re: What is the process to add a 4th journal node in a running HA cluster with 3 journal nodes already?

New Contributor

Thanks Lester for your reply. Currently the HA cluster is running with 3 journal nodes and I wanted to add the 4th and 5th instance of the journal node. I have gone through the link shared above and it is really useful. Still I am wondering why do we need to copy the entire current directory ( with old edit files) instead of copying the version file alone to start the journal nodes.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here