Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

What will happen when data size exceed hbase.hregion.max.filesize value and I turn off auto-split

What will happen when data size exceed hbase.hregion.max.filesize value and I turn off auto-split

New Contributor

Hi community,
I set the parameter "hbase.regionserver.regionSplitLimit" to 1, that means I do not want to use auto-split function. And I set the paremeter "hbase.hregion.max.filesize" to 100g. What will happen when my data size exceed the "hbase.hregion.max.filesize" value? Why did I find the QPS of write-in is so unstable(sometime 0, sometimes 40 thousand) when the data size reach the ceiling("hbase.hregion.max.filesize" value)?

thx

mr.yang

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: What will happen when data size exceed hbase.hregion.max.filesize value and I turn off auto-spli

Master Collaborator

Mr. Yang,

I have moved this message to the HBase discussion board in hopes that our experts here can comment.  I personally have not configured HBase in the manner that you have mentioned, but I would recommend that you manually go in there and split those regions as they begin to approach that max filesize.

Clint