Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

When I run a SELECT on a ACID/Bucketed Table In Zeppelin it returns no data. When run in beeline the query returns the data Why?

Highlighted

When I run a SELECT on a ACID/Bucketed Table In Zeppelin it returns no data. When run in beeline the query returns the data Why?

Contributor

Anyone have any idea why when selecting data from a hive table that is transactional (ACID) from Zeppelin it does not return any data.

I've tried this using %sql %pyspark and %spark interpreters.

I can query and receive data from non-transactional ORC tables just fine.

Cheers,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: When I run a SELECT on a ACID/Bucketed Table In Zeppelin it returns no data. When run in beeline the query returns the data Why?

Expert Contributor

Can you get result if you query it in spark-shell

Re: When I run a SELECT on a ACID/Bucketed Table In Zeppelin it returns no data. When run in beeline the query returns the data Why?

Contributor

When I run the same query in the spark-shell also get the same result of no rows. Would this suggest its a problem with spark accessing hive ACID tables?

Highlighted

Contributor

..I've seen around on the web that "Spark SQL does not support Hive transactions ("ACID")" . All I want to do is select from the table. Is there any way of getting at data stored in these tables from spark?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here