Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

When enable ranger solr audit with solrcloud, do not see the access audit in the ranger audit. How to view the audit records/logs?

When enable ranger solr audit with solrcloud, do not see the access audit in the ranger audit. How to view the audit records/logs?

Explorer

When enable ranger solr audit with solrcloud and enable hdfs audit also, do not see the access audit in the ranger audit tab. How to view the audit records/logs?

I see that the logs are written to hdfs. But not able to view them.

Same thing with the solr audit logs also. Does this need creation of any policies for Solr in Ranger, just to view the audit logs?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: When enable ranger solr audit with solrcloud, do not see the access audit in the ranger audit. How to view the audit records/logs?

Re: When enable ranger solr audit with solrcloud, do not see the access audit in the ranger audit. How to view the audit records/logs?

Explorer

Hi Neeraj,

I have followed those steps. However, after enabling Solr, I do not see any policy to be automatically created.

I see that the records are being written to the drive in the solr and hdfs as well. But not able to visually see them in Ranger.

When I say, write to "db", I can see the records in the Ranger Audit tab through Ranger UI.

So my question is how to visually see the audit records, which are written to Solr and HDFS, just like the ones that are written to db.

Explorer

Also, I am trying to perform the audit through Solr and HDFS for Ranger and see the behavior, not securing Solr through Ranger yet. Does the Solr policy in Ranger gets created only when I secure Solr through Ranger?

@Madhavi Amirneni @Neeraj Sabharwal Is this resolved ? Can you search for audit records instead of being shown audit records by default ?

Do you see any error in ranger logs?