Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

When i type yarn application -list , it shows a application list even with status KILLED, what is the best command to clear this list where application status is mentioned as "KILLED"?

Highlighted

When i type yarn application -list , it shows a application list even with status KILLED, what is the best command to clear this list where application status is mentioned as "KILLED"?

New Contributor

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: When i type yarn application -list , it shows a application list even with status KILLED, what is the best command to clear this list where application status is mentioned as "KILLED"?

@Kiran Arangale

What version of HDP you are on? If you want to list application with a particular state, you can use:

yarn application -list -appStates <app-state>

I checked in HDP 2.5, by default the list command will show applications in state SUBMITTED,ACCEPTED,RUNNING.

Highlighted

Re: When i type yarn application -list , it shows a application list even with status KILLED, what is the best command to clear this list where application status is mentioned as "KILLED"?

New Contributor
@Mugdha

Thanks for the reply .My question is not on listing the job states .Let me elaborate it little more .When you list the yarn application using -list command it shows applications list even with KILLED status .When you kill the application using yarn application -kill , ideally it should not get listed ,but it does .Now my question is , when i list the application , it should clear the list for the applications which are already KILLED .I believe yarn rmadmin -refreshQueues does the job for us where it clear the queues with KILLED state so that whenever we list again it wont show the application in list where states is killed ,but i'm not 100% sure about this so I'm checking here on community if anybody is alreay aware of this .

New Contributor

@Kiran Arangale

Ideally "yarn application -list" list should only return apps which are at SUBMITTED, ACCEPTED and RUNNING states. An app which is killed or finished should not show up in the above command.

I am interested to know the exact version of HDP in which you faced this issue, and I can help to verify the same.

Thank You.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here