Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

When will the tests use a newer Spark version?

Highlighted

When will the tests use a newer Spark version?

New Contributor

Hi Cloudera Team,

The RDD API is outdated and makes no sense to practice questions using an old API. Are there any plans to upgrade the certification tests to use a newer version of Spark, one with DataFrames at least? 

Regards.

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: When will the tests use a newer Spark version?

Community Manager

Perhaps this reply from @juddimal to a question about the CCA-500 test environment will be of assistance. 

MJudd wrote:

The CCA-500 is specific to the CDH5 release. It will not ask questions that are dependent on minor releases, ie there are no questions that will ask the differences that may occur between CDH5.6 upgraded to CDH5.7, but there may be questions that require you to know the differences between CDH4 and CDH5.

Is there a particular test you feel the need for an updated environment on? Please explain in detail.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

Re: When will the tests use a newer Spark version?

New Contributor

For the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer certification exam, I need to prepare using Spark 1.2.1 which has the RDD API. I have no issues with the RDD API but with Spark 2.0 release, I'm assuming many developers would be using DataFrames and DataSets rather than developing with the RDD API.

I'm not suggesting that Cloudera starts testing with Spark 2.0 but maybe with Spark 1.6.x which has DataFrames. I as a developer would use a newew API but am getting tested on an outdated (things moves so fast) API.

Regards.