Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Whenever I start my Namenode in Ambari, I ran into this error.

Whenever I start my Namenode in Ambari, I ran into this error.

New Contributor
stderr:   /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-208.txt 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/namenode.py", line 348, in <module>
    NameNode().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 375, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/namenode.py", line 90, in start
    upgrade_suspended=params.upgrade_suspended, env=env)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_commons/os_family_impl.py", line 89, in thunk
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/hdfs_namenode.py", line 122, in namenode
    format_namenode()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/hdfs_namenode.py", line 333, in format_namenode
    logoutput=True
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 262, in action_run
    tries=self.resource.tries, try_sleep=self.resource.try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 72, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 102, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep, timeout_kill_strategy=timeout_kill_strategy)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 303, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'hdfs --config /usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/hadoop/conf namenode -format -nonInteractive' returned 1. 18/09/26 14:00:23 INFO namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG: 
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Whenever I start my Namenode in Ambari, I ran into this error.

New Contributor

Are you running the Ambari server as root user? Does the user with which the Ambari server was started has permission to those files?.

New Contributor

@Pradeep Shetty I was running ambari on a default user

New Contributor

Hey am there, have not done it manually and I am starting it as a root user. How can i find the logs please. I am working on it right about now.

New Contributor

@Simon Waligo

I would not suggest running the Ambari service as the root user instead, check for the permission of the files that is printed in the logs you posted. Does that user have necessary permissions to the .py files?

Since you have already started the Ambari service as root user are you still facing the same issue?

Super Collaborator

Hi @Simon Waligo

Please attach the namenode logs to understand the issue here ?

Mentor

@Simon Waligo

Can you attach logs as requested, it's more tedious trying to change the Ambari user. Have you tried starting the components manually HDP start manually

Is this a result of an upgrade?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hey am there, have not done it manually and I am starting it as a root user. How can i find the logs please. I am working on it right about now.

Mentor

@Simon Waligo

The namenode logs should be in /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode/{host_name}.log filter the most recent with

$ ls-lrt

New Contributor

There are no namenode,

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 61999 Sep 28 14:37 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.log

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 727 Sep 28 14:37 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.out

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 727 Sep 28 12:48 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.out.1

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 0 Sep 28 12:48 hdfs-audit.log

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 0 Sep 28 12:48 SecurityAuth.audit

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here