Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Whenever I start my Namenode in Ambari, I ran into this error.

Highlighted

Re: Whenever I start my Namenode in Ambari, I ran into this error.

New Contributor

There are name node in /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode/{host_name}.log.

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 727 Sep 28 12:48 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.out.1

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 1736 Sep 28 12:48 gc.log-201809281248

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 727 Sep 28 14:37 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.out

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 61999 Sep 28 14:37 hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.log

Mentor

@Simon Waligo

What I meant was the contents of those files filter the latest and run eg.

$ cat hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.log

And for the NameNode

$cat hadoop-hdfs-datanode-stg_slods.freeosk.log

Then paste the whole stack

HTH

New Contributor

Thanks for your support team. I resolved the issue.

'hdfs --config /usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/hadoop/conf namenode -format -nonInteractive' returned 1.18/09/2614:00:23 INFO namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG:

This is brought when you have duplicate file during the installing of namenode and Datanode in different files.

E.g /hadoop/hdfs/namenode,/home/hadoop/hdfs/namenode,/var/hadoop/hdfs/namenode. This is located in HDFS wizard, But when you use "/hadoop/hdfs/namenode" as the only passage, the error will be resolved and the HDFS will be running without Alerts.

N.B. Also make sure you have first uninstalled Ambari, Hadoop, HDP from your server completely https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/97489/completely-uninstall-hdp-and-ambari.html. if you don't do so, it will not work the way you want it. I encourage this to be done if it was your first time to install Ambari on your server.

Mentor

@Simon Waligo

Note that you can't have a mount point starting with / home for HDFS or YARN (slave components) Namenode and datanode. I am still not sure of the way you resolved that errors :-)

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot, I do agree with with you, the /home was the cause of the error message, when i changed it the passage to another directory it resolved the error. That's what i was trying to raise in the previous point.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here