Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Where Is First Row Header Check Box?

Contributor

where-is-the-first-row-header-checkbox.pngI'm working to complete the Hive - Data ETL tutorial on HDP2.5 and noticed there is not a Table link on the Ribbon bar, but more importantly there is no Is First Row Header check box!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @John Bowler

No problem - you can do the same with Hive View. After you upload your file, but before moving on, click the gear icon next to the file type. That will bring up an advanced settings menu that contains the First Row header checkbox also.

16636-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-85928-am.png

16637-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-85936-am.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

16628-screen-shot-2017-06-29-at-41058-pm.png

Hi @John Bowler

The tutorial shows screenshots of Hive View 2.0, but your screenshot looks different because I think it is the original Hive View. In Ambari, try using the Hive View 2.0 and the screens should match.

Contributor

Unfortunately I don't have Hive View 2.0 in my drop down menu. I also don't have Workflow Manager as in your screenshot logged in as maria_dev.

Master Mentor

@John Bowler

The "Hive View 2.0" is available in Ambari from Ambari 2.5 onwards (You can get is in HDP 2.6 Sandbox). So please check your ambari version i suspect that it might be Ambari 2.4.

If you are using HDP 2.5 Sandbox then you will not find the Hive View 2.0 in it because , HDP 2.5 Sandbox ships ambari 2.4 which has only Hive View 1.0 and Hive View 1.5 (also known as hive-next view)

Regarding your query "WORKFLOW_MANAGER View" In Ambari 2.4 this view is not Auto Instantiated. So if you want to see that view in the drop down menu then you will have to navigate to following in Ambari UI

Ambari UI --> Admin --> Manage Ambari --> Views --> "WORKFLOW_MANAGER" --> Click on "Create Instance" button.

Now it will start appearing in the Drop down menu once you create the instance of this view.

16633-workflowmanagerview.png

Guru

Hi @John Bowler

No problem - you can do the same with Hive View. After you upload your file, but before moving on, click the gear icon next to the file type. That will bring up an advanced settings menu that contains the First Row header checkbox also.

16636-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-85928-am.png

16637-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-85936-am.png

Contributor

Big thanks for that!! Now back on track with the tutorial because I was getting an error trying to delete that record!!