Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Where can I download the old HDP 2 sandbox for virtual box? 3.1.1 is failing here

Where can I download the old HDP 2 sandbox for virtual box? 3.1.1 is failing here

Explorer

I installed HDF3.11.1 for VMWare, it down't even get up and running;

I installed HDF3.1.1 for VirtualBox, however, it prompts me 502 Bad Gateway, seems a show stopper here.

So I want to download old version but I am so frustrated that I couldn't even find a download link!!! all the download link points to Cloudera and only the latest 3.1.1 is available.

Does anyone know the secret link for HDP/HDF 2.5/2.6?

I really cannot imagine why the merge created so much messy: other than this sandbox issue, where is the old version hidden like a secret "treasury"? why so many discussions/threads/documents in previous hortonworks are showing broken images - it's been so long since the merge completed.

I am very upset to the merge. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can share a working download link. Thank you from bottom of my heart.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Where can I download the old HDP 2 sandbox for virtual box? 3.1.1 is failing here

Community Manager

@axie I strongly recommend you focus on whether or not VirtualBox or VMWare is best for you and the hardware platform you're using and then once you've installed HDF or HDP for one of those, come back here and post the specific questions you have around getting the environment working with the functionality you need to use on your chosen virtualization product.

While it's true that some older sandboxes are available through the normal download channel, if the sandbox downloads page doesn't offer the sandbox you want, it's no longer available and it would behoove you to move to the latest version of either HDF, HDP or both. It's going to be easier for members of this community to answer your questions about more recent versions of the sandbox.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here