Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Where is the web app demo?

Highlighted

Where is the web app demo?

Explorer

Hi,

I've been doing this "Real time event processing with nifi kafka and storm" demo and now the last part of the demo is missing. Could you please update it so that I can follow the instructions to complete it? It is the web app demo part.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Where is the web app demo?

Mentor
Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks Artem,

I can see some changes but I'm still missing the web app. I remember you needed to execute the start_demo.sh and after that you were allowed to access to an application where some maps were rendered with the list of trucks below.

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Artem,

Sorry to bother you again. Let me explain the issue I'm struggling with right now. About 3 weeks ago, I was able to execute step by step the tutorial called "Real time event processing with nifi kafka and storm". It worked fine and I finally was able to launch a web application where a map was rendered and showed real time events from Storm Hbase and Kafka. But now, there has been an update in this same tutorial and some parts are missing. I can't see the Hive part anywhere and the most important one, the part where it was explained everything related to the web app. Do you think it is possible to get that information again? any way you can send me that info from the tutorial.

Thank you so much.

Highlighted

Mentor
Highlighted

Super Guru

I communicated this with the documentation team and they are updating this and we'll post when the update is ready.

For now, take a look at this cool tutorial

http://www.slideshare.net/HadoopSummit/apache-nifi-crash-course-intro

Highlighted

Explorer

Thank you Timothy. Please let me know as soon as the update is available.

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi,

Is there anything new updated? When do you think this web application tutorial will be available on the website?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Carlos,

We are currently working on make some major updates to this tutorial including the web app. I will update this post when there is a draft for you to provide feedback.

Rafael

Highlighted

Explorer

Thank you Rafael. Please let me know as soon as the final document is posted.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here