Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Where to report bugs in Cloudera Manager?

Where to report bugs in Cloudera Manager?

In using Cloudera Manager 5.X, I've found a potentially serious bug after using the API to delete host nodes. Where should I report this bug?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Where to report bugs in Cloudera Manager?

Thank you for your interest in reporting an issue!

If you're a customer of Cloudera, you can open a case and an engineer will follow up with you.

If you're not a customer of Cloudera, please visit the following page on how to report security vulnerabilities. Essentially, you have to write to security@cloudera.com with details about your product version and any details you can provide about reproducing the issue.
https://www.cloudera.com/content/support/en/support-info/security.html

Thank you in advance for your contribution.
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Thanks GautamG!

And in community edition - no place to at least post a bug report?

- Michael

As far as I can see, there is no way to submit a bug report via Cloudera Manager even in the Enterprise edition.

If the bug you've found is not a security issue, rather just the API malfunctioning, please send me a personal message. We can assess if this is a serious issue or a known one and I can get back to you.
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Master Guru
The community can directly be used to post error reports. CM Engg. does hang out here.

There's no public bug tracker anymore for CM.

Thanks everyone: I posted the bug report in Cloudera Manger forum here:

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/Cloudera-Express-5-2-0-Decomissioning...

Essentially, decomissioning hosts using the API causes every host on the cluster to be essentially inoperable...