Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Which version of HDP supports spark 2.4

Explorer

HI All,

can somebody let me know which version of HDP supports Spark 2.4? and is that good idea to go to Spark 2.4 instead of 2.3?

My Current versions:

HDP 2.6.3.0

Apache Ambari 2.6.0.0

HDFS 2.7.3

YARN 2.7.3

MapReduce2 2.7.3

Spark2 2.2.0

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Manjunath P N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Manjunath P N

The latest HDP 3.1, unfortunately, supports spark 2.3, so you will have to wait for the next major release but after the Cloudera & Hortonworks merger, my best guess is don't expect any new HDP version anytime before the release of the combined new offering Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) sometime in 2020 or thereafter.

103446-hdp3x-spark.png

I would imagine currently HWX and CLDR should be more focused on the integration of the new products than really trying to release a newer version.

The new combined offering CDP will be based on HDP 3.x and CDH 5

HTH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Manjunath P N

The latest HDP 3.1, unfortunately, supports spark 2.3, so you will have to wait for the next major release but after the Cloudera & Hortonworks merger, my best guess is don't expect any new HDP version anytime before the release of the combined new offering Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) sometime in 2020 or thereafter.

103446-hdp3x-spark.png

I would imagine currently HWX and CLDR should be more focused on the integration of the new products than really trying to release a newer version.

The new combined offering CDP will be based on HDP 3.x and CDH 5

HTH

Explorer

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot,

Could you please share the link for screenshot which you have attached.

Regards,

Manjunath P N

Master Mentor

@Manjunath P N

A google search should give you that HDP 3.0

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

If you are looking for 2.4 on HDP alone means, as mentioned in previous emails, don't expect any new HDP version anytime before the release of the combined new offering Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) sometime in 2020 or thereafter.  As an alternative CDH 6.2+ supports spark 2.4 version.

Thanks

AK