Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

While importing the virtual appliance using Oracle VM VirtualBox, I receive the following error: Any input would be much appreciated.

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

While importing the virtual appliance using Oracle VM VirtualBox, I receive the following error: Any input would be much appreciated.

New Contributor

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\along\Documents\Hadoop\Sandbox\HDP_2.3.2_virtualbox.ova.

Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\along\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk'.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C:\Users\along\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: While importing the virtual appliance using Oracle VM VirtualBox, I receive the following error: Any input would be much appreciated.

Download it again, this time use firefox and not Chrome or IE..

4 REPLIES 4

Re: While importing the virtual appliance using Oracle VM VirtualBox, I receive the following error: Any input would be much appreciated.

Mentor

@Avery Long you have a bad file, re-download the file again. Either that or make sure you don't have another disk in that location that you need to delete.

Download it again, this time use firefox and not Chrome or IE..

@Avery Long This is VERY important. Don't use Chrome. Thanks @Ancil McBarnett

@Avery Long

Please see this thread