Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

While removing Impala i am facing warning where its asking me to remove Hue and oozie

While removing Impala i am facing warning where its asking me to remove Hue and oozie

Explorer

While removing Impala i am facing warning where its asking me to remove Hue,Hive & oozie before removing Impala.

After doing fresh installation of CDH 5.2.1 i have installed basic services such as Hue, Oozie, Impala ,Hive, Yarn, Hbase, Hdfs ,Zookeeper. After few months i have started geeting configuration issues related to Impala. In order to avoid configuration issues we thought to remove Impala from our cluster as this is not in use I have performed below steps

• CM UI --> Impala Instances -->Role Type-->Select all Role Type from Action Tab and select stop option .
  • Once all the roles are stopped , go to CM UI --> Impala Service drop down option and select Delete  and confirm.

After perrmorming above steps it is giving  me a warning to first remove Hue,Oozie,Hive as they are the dependencies of Imapala as we have many users in Hue and many tables in Hive as the system is in production state, in last two months there are many users added and many tables are created in Hive

If suppose i remove Hue Hive & oozie to remove Impala then how to restore these service back in inital stage. Like all the user should be inherited once we reinstall/reconfigure Hue & all the tables we have created before in Hive should be there once we reinstall/reconfigure Hive & all the users in Hue.So please share some step how to remove Impala service without affecting other services like Hue, Hive & oozie without any data loss.

Thanks

Hitesh.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: While removing Impala i am facing warning where its asking me to remove Hue and oozie

Currently other services are configured to depend on Impala. If you remove those dependencies by altering service configuration (like remove Hue's dependency on Impala), then Cloudera Manager will let you delete Impala.

You don't need to delete any other services, just modify their configuration.

Re: While removing Impala i am facing warning where its asking me to remove Hue and oozie

Explorer

Hi,

Can you please provide the detail steps how to remove the dependencies for Impala and other configuration changes for the services.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here