Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why Co Processor taking more time to process the request.?

Highlighted

Why Co Processor taking more time to process the request.?

Contributor

Dear All,

We are using the Coprocessor to fetch the records from the HBase .There are 3 Region Servers present each having 60 regions currently , But when we call the coprocessor it making making a call to all the regions(I think it is obvious with coprocessor). But as the each Region Server is getting the 60 RPC calls the time taken to process the last regions is increasing always . Result of it the over all time taken by coprocessor is more few seconds . Example : Rpc Request. Time Taken in Seconds [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=46,queue=4,port=16020] 20 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=24,queue=0,port=16020] 10 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=40,queue=4,port=16020] 4 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=33,queue=3,port=16020] 4 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=38,queue=2,port=16020] 3 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=38,queue=2,port=16020] 3 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=49,queue=1,port=16020] 2 [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=7,queue=1,port=16020] 1 Could some please explain . Why it taking more time for the last RPCs . What does B.defaultRpcServer.handler=46,queue=4,port=16020 mean in the Region Server log.

Thanks in Advance,

Param.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why Co Processor taking more time to process the request.?

Regionserver handlers handles all the rpc request for regionserver, Time spend per region depends upon the size of the region or data in consideration lies in some regions only or type of processing you are doing in the coprocessor.

Re: Why Co Processor taking more time to process the request.?

Contributor

Thanks for the response,

But in my case all the regions are having the equal amount of the data .

And the time taken per region increases as per the time of the requests , what I am trying to say is : The first request if taking the lesser time than the last one , so what could be the cause.

And Can you please explain what does B.defaultRpcServer.handler=24,queue=0,port=16020 mean.