Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why CurrentCapacity exceeds MaximumCapacity?

Contributor

I've configure queue default capacity to 20 dan maximum-capacity to 30. When I see with command "mapred queue -list", CurrentCapacity can exceeds MaximumCapacity (30) even its can exceeds 100% as seen in picture below.

Please explain me why this happen? Thank you.

2017-09-07-215235.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nur majid,

In mapred queue -list output, default capacity and maximum capacity are with respect to Cluster' resources whereas current capacity is with respect to Queue's resources.

Example -

Assume cluster's resources - 10GB

Default Queue default capacity is 20% of cluster's resources which is 2GB

But default queue can go upto 30% of cluster's resources [maximum capacity] which is 3GB

Current capacity is 101% of Queue's capacity [Remember , queue's capacity is 2GB] , so it will come around 2.02GB which is less than 3GB[maximum capacity].

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @nur majid,

In mapred queue -list output, default capacity and maximum capacity are with respect to Cluster' resources whereas current capacity is with respect to Queue's resources.

Example -

Assume cluster's resources - 10GB

Default Queue default capacity is 20% of cluster's resources which is 2GB

But default queue can go upto 30% of cluster's resources [maximum capacity] which is 3GB

Current capacity is 101% of Queue's capacity [Remember , queue's capacity is 2GB] , so it will come around 2.02GB which is less than 3GB[maximum capacity].

Contributor

Well explained @ssathish. I accept this as correct answer. Thank you.