Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why Falcon lineage not visible for feeds (though visible for the processes)

Rising Star

I am not able to see lineage for a feed (though the lineage for a process is visible)

Screenshot of the feed with lineage invisible (feed.png) and process with lineage visible (process.png) attached.

Have followed the tutorial-

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/defining-processing-data-end-end-data-pipeline-apache-falcon/...

feed.pngprocess.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

@Amit Tewari This has been documented as an issue and will be fixed with other UI improvements in the upcoming major June release.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

@Amit Tewari This has been documented as an issue and will be fixed with other UI improvements in the upcoming major June release.

Explorer

@Amit Tewari would love to know your thoughts on ease of use of falcon. What do you think is easy to achieve with falcon and what is difficult.

Rising Star

@pnagwekar

So far, Falcon seems a great tool for Data governance and lineage.

What I liked-

Creating Falcon workflows around existing and new custom functionality ( e.g. I was successfully able to call an external Dell Boomi process from inside a Falcon process as a system integration POC)

Scope for Improvement-

1. Falcon UI responsiveness. Hope its more fluidic, intuitive and responsive in next release (July 2016?)
  2. Tighter integration with Atlas. Didn't find many documents around this functionality/(Roadmap?)
  3. Feed lineage was missing (seems its a UI issue to be fixed in next release)