Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why HBase Master status display stopped but actually it running in background

Why HBase Master status display stopped but actually it running in background

Explorer

Yesterday when login Ambari dashboard page see the HBase comment had some alerts and metrics is down, Also I try to restart the ambari agents at first but not effect. So then I click the restart all button in HBase service actions and then start successfully, the alerts and metrics call back. But after few minutes the master status display stopped. It's was so interesting, Why?

7923-master.png

I had check the HBase master log file content and can't see any error(You can get detail info in attachment.). Then check some task which required dependency with HBase, but they running well and HBase data increase normal. So is there somebody had meet this problem.

7924-hbase-running.png

PS:

Ambari Version: 2.1.2.1

OS Env: Centos6.7:q

Some try(but failed):

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/33140/hbase-master-fails-to-start.html

hbase-hbase-master-test1.tar.gz

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Why HBase Master status display stopped but actually it running in background

The process still active does not necessarily mean that HBase is alive and healthy. Ambari service checks often involve trying to connect to the RPC server that the service starts. I would guess that the Master is not in a fully-initialized stated. The process is running, but the Master is not actually completely started.

The Master log you attached does appear that the Master is up and running. I would check the alerts pane in Ambari to see why Ambari believe that the master is not running.

Highlighted

Re: Why HBase Master status display stopped but actually it running in background

Explorer

OK, I can sure that HBase master is running. Because my programs and HBase shell all they working. So that wait for you checking. Thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here