Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why HW does not maintain automatic backups of databases? Any reason

Why HW does not maintain automatic backups of databases? Any reason

Contributor

Hi HW experts,

I would like to know if HW has any feature which helps users to not worry about taking database backups.

If not, this is really helpful for end users and why HW is not considering it as a feature.

If we have GUI based feature which helps users to define when to take backup and where to place backup files and if HW can take up background activity then it really helps a lot.

I would like to understand the reason...

Thanks a lot for your time on this question.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Why HW does not maintain automatic backups of databases? Any reason

Explorer

From my point of view this is simple ...

The focus of the product is not database management (backup and recovery), but the management of the cluster, for example the ambari metadata can be in a PostgreSQL and Hive can being in a MYSQL or in the same PostgreSQL, with that, from my point of view it is not something that ambari should manage...

Highlighted

Re: Why HW does not maintain automatic backups of databases? Any reason

Contributor

@ Gerdan Santos... I agree with you..implementation of a feature of that kind will make life of Admins easy!!

Thought to understand why HW might not work on this.. I understand that they have their own priorities...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here