Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why are some properties on InvokeHTTP not visible in Linux, yet I see it on Mac OS ?

Highlighted

Why are some properties on InvokeHTTP not visible in Linux, yet I see it on Mac OS ?

Explorer

I am interested in the following InvokeHTTP properties : Proxy Username, Proxy password which is shown in the documentation. However when I check the configuration for my InvokeHTTP processor on my Linux machine with DataFile V1.1.1.0 , there is no such property listed yet when I check on Mac OS running same version , I see these properties.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Why are some properties on InvokeHTTP not visible in Linux, yet I see it on Mac OS ?

The properties of a processor should not be affected by what system they are running on at all. Also the documentation is directly generated by the processor implementation so if you see the properties in your Linux help then it should be available in the processor config.

Are you by chance running on a much smaller screen or resolution on the Linux machine? It could be that the properties are there but cut-off and you need to scroll down in order to see them. Sorry for the basic question but see the properties listed in the Docs but not the processor config is very confusing.

Highlighted

Re: Why are some properties on InvokeHTTP not visible in Linux, yet I see it on Mac OS ?

Super Guru

Is this the same version downloaded the same way?

Can you post two screen shots?

It could be hidden, can you scroll?

Highlighted

Explorer

LINUX OS:

8781-nifi-linux-os-version.jpg

8782-nifi-invokehttp-properties-linux-os.jpg

MAC OS:

8783-nifi-macos-version.png

8784-nifi-invokehttp-properties-macos.png

Highlighted

Looks like your Linux install is an old version of HDF (1.1.1) which does not have that property for InvokeHTTP. If you upgrade to the the latest version it should have the proper property.

The "NiFi version" in the about box of the Linux version appears to be wrong (it is displaying the same as the HDF version).

Highlighted

Master Guru

The latest version of HDF is:

8785-screen-shot-2016-10-21-at-122229-pm.png

This release will based off Apache NiFi 1.0.0.

Matt

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the feedback, will look at upgrading.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here