Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why can't I download to my laptop? (download to desktop successful but must have it in laptop)

Highlighted

Why can't I download to my laptop? (download to desktop successful but must have it in laptop)

New Contributor

I started the following task with my laptop while in the classroom:

http://hortonworks.com/downloads/#sandbox and select the

first option Hortonworks Sandbox on a VM - Download for Virtual Box

However, due to time constraints, I cancelled the download hoping to restart it from home or at a later date.

Prior to starting the download, I entered my name, email, etc, etc and the download was proceeding as normal once it started, but as I have indicated, I had to cancel the download due to insufficient time available.

Now, every time I try to download to my laptop, it does absolutely nothing.

After several failed attempts with the laptop, I was able to successfully download to my DESKTOP ok and successfully. However, the DESKTOP is impractical for the classroom, and, thus, must download to my laptop

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why can't I download to my laptop? (download to desktop successful but must have it in laptop)

Super Mentor

@Juan Diaz

Is your browser allowing Popups ? (popup blocker should be disabled).

Re: Why can't I download to my laptop? (download to desktop successful but must have it in laptop)

Mentor

@@Juan Diaz

Simplest workaround plug in an external USB or Disk to your desktop and upload (transfer) then plug teh USB/Dick to you laptop with USB 2.0 and higher the transfer should be fast enough :-)