I've got a new HDP 3.1.0 installation and I've started seeing failures in the hiveserver2.log about replication. Something is trying to run the following command and it isn't me. This is on a completely isolated system that isn't exposed outside of my vpn so I'm not sure what's going on.
repl dump `*` from 71931 with ('hive.repl.dump.metadata.only'='true', 'hive.repl.dump.include.acid.tables'='true')
The failure message is this which I'm assuming is normal because the NOTIFICATION_LOG doesn't keep records forever.
2019-03-24T12:31:17,394 ERROR [HiveServer2-Background-Pool: Thread-209]: metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient (:()) - Requested events are found missing in NOTIFICATION_LOG table. Expected: 71932, Actual: 121582. Probably, cleaner would've cleaned it up. Try setting higher value for hive.metastore.event.db.listener.timetolive. Also, bootstrap the system again to get back the consistent replicated state.