Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why is ambari showing incorrect number of data nodes available?

Solved Go to solution

Why is ambari showing incorrect number of data nodes available?

New Contributor

Ambari shows 6 of 5 datanodes live in dashboard. The correct count is 6 nodes, which is reflected in the NameNode UI. I have tried restarting Ambari-server and all the agents and issue will not resolve.

What other options should I explore to update the correct node count?

204-screen-shot-2015-10-05-at-120527-pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why is ambari showing incorrect number of data nodes available?

Guru

@michael.perez@hortonworks.com - my suggestion would be to get on Ambari 2.0.2 as I noticed this issue in 2.0.1, specifically in reporting 1 more host than really existed in the list view (AMBARI-10297). Check out the release notes as well for more information.

7 REPLIES 7

Guru

What version of Ambari are you running and have you recently removed a host with a DataNode component on it?

New Contributor

Hi Paul, we are running Ambari Version2.0.1 on this cluster. The datanode service is still running on the cluster. Ambari isnt recognizing the service on the dashboard.

I think it just takes some extra time when an architectural change is made to the cluster but eventually Ambari displays it correctly. I noticed something similar after enabling HA where Ambari took 5+ minutes to show the correct number of datanodes. If the problem persists, it may be another issue.

New Contributor

This issue has been on-going for several days without any resolution.

Hi Mike - I am assuming you have already tried restarting the Ambari Agent? I have seen stale agent process causing similar issue as well.

Guru

@michael.perez@hortonworks.com - my suggestion would be to get on Ambari 2.0.2 as I noticed this issue in 2.0.1, specifically in reporting 1 more host than really existed in the list view (AMBARI-10297). Check out the release notes as well for more information.

New Contributor

when I delete one host, this occured

20468-1212.png

how to solve it ? ambari 2.4.1.0

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here