Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Why "Cannot convert value of class [Ljava.lang.Object; because the type is not supported" error occurs when transform data in JoltTransform?

Highlighted

Why "Cannot convert value of class [Ljava.lang.Object; because the type is not supported" error occurs when transform data in JoltTransform?

New Contributor

I'm trying to convert json to json using JoltTransformRecord. I'm getting Json data from ForkRecord processor.

When I try split "received json" using SplitRecord with fork output schema(I'm using fork output schema for JsonTreeReader of SplitRecord), data successfully splitted. But, when I try to convert Json using JoltTransformRecord, I get error. My output schema of JsonRecordSetWriter of JoltTransformRecord is correct for in my opinion. But this input schema of JoltTransformRecord is the same the output schema of the ForkRecord processor.

Also, I have tried Jolt specification in Jolt transform demo, and result is correct. Then I have created ouput schema of JoltTransformRecord by this result.

I don't understand why I'm gettin this error. I have tried a lot of way, schema etc.. But I didn't anything.

XML file defined below, contains my flow with schemas.
test_transform.xml

Details logs in my nifi-app.log;

org.apache.nifi.serialization.record.util.IllegalTypeConversionException: Cannot convert value of class [Ljava.lang.Object; because the type is not supported     at org.apache.nifi.serialization.record.util.DataTypeUtils.convertRecordFieldtoObject(DataTypeUtils.java:460)     at org.apache.nifi.serialization.record.util.DataTypeUtils.convertRecordMapToJavaMap(DataTypeUtils.java:472)     at org.apache.nifi.serialization.record.util.DataTypeUtils.convertRecordFieldtoObject(DataTypeUtils.java:444)     at org.apache.nifi.processors.jolt.record.JoltTransformRecord.onTrigger(JoltTransformRecord.java:318)

Please, help. This is so imporant for me.

@Bryan Bende

@Matt Burgess

@Shu