Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Will the actual exam will also be an html file separate from the 'Ambari' screen? And, where are our answers recorded?

Explorer

Hi,

I went through the practice exam and while attempting it I wasn't sure where should I be posting my answers. Will I have a html in the actual exam as well independent of the 'Ambari' screen where we see the status of our cluster?

Also, where am I supposed to post the answers. I launched a terminal in the environment provided and it was working fine. But, wanted to be sure if that is a right approach.

One last question: How are our answers evaluated. Are they evaluated on the result that we achieve or the way we achieve it matters too?

To be specific, I performed a task which took 3-4 iterative steps to complete from my side, but there could be a possibility that the task could be performed in a single go. Either way the task was completed.

So, the end result is evaluated or the way of reaching the end result is evaluated as well?

Regards

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

@Saurabh Singh

• The real environment looks the same as the practice environment
  • The tasks are displayed differently though - on the real exam, the tasks appear in a separate pop-up window that you can move around
  • Each task will tell you where to save your answer. For example, Task 1 might tell you to save your script in a file named /home/horton/solutions/task1
  • The answers are evaluated by the output. There are always different ways to solve problems in programming. It is not the code we are interested in - it's the result. You need to execute your code on the real exam and it needs to generate the desired output described in the task instructions. (If a task has no output, it is immediately marked as wrong.)
  • Each task is worth 1 point and it is either correct or wrong - there is no partial credit.
  • The current HDPCD exam has 7 tasks and you need to get 5 correct to pass. (This is subject to change at any time.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

@Saurabh Singh

• The real environment looks the same as the practice environment
  • The tasks are displayed differently though - on the real exam, the tasks appear in a separate pop-up window that you can move around
  • Each task will tell you where to save your answer. For example, Task 1 might tell you to save your script in a file named /home/horton/solutions/task1
  • The answers are evaluated by the output. There are always different ways to solve problems in programming. It is not the code we are interested in - it's the result. You need to execute your code on the real exam and it needs to generate the desired output described in the task instructions. (If a task has no output, it is immediately marked as wrong.)
  • Each task is worth 1 point and it is either correct or wrong - there is no partial credit.
  • The current HDPCD exam has 7 tasks and you need to get 5 correct to pass. (This is subject to change at any time.)

Explorer

Thanks you so much Rich.