Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Will the version of hdp not be updated from 2019?

Will the version of hdp not be updated from 2019?

Contributor

I have found that the version of HDP has not been updated since 2019.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Will the version of hdp not be updated from 2019?

Contributor

Looking forward to a good reply, thank you!

Mentor

@Jeff Yang

My personal view after the merger it is ONLY and means ONLY serious bugs reported by clients can trigger some patch development by HWX as the teams are busy integrating the best of the 2 worlds into the new CDP, personally, I pray Ranger/Atlas wins the war against Sentry.

There are 3 types of releases see below

Major Release

“Major Releases” (X.y.z) means Software releases that deliver major and minor feature development and enhancements to existing features. They incorporate all applicable Error corrections made in prior Major Releases, Minor Releases, and Maintenance Releases.

Minor Release

“Minor Releases” (x.Y.z) means Software releases that deliver minor feature developments, enhancements to existing features and Error corrections. They incorporate all applicable Error corrections made in prior Minor Releases and Maintenance Releases. For Hortonworks Products, Hortonworks typically has two Minor Releases per year.

Maintenance Release

“Maintenance Releases” (x.y.Z) means Software releases that deliver Error corrections that are severely affecting a number of customers and cannot wait for the next Major Release or Minor Release. They incorporate all applicable Error corrections made in prior Maintenance Releases. There is no predefined schedule for Maintenance Releases. They are released as needed based on customer feedback and outstanding Errors.

My best bet is you could expect a maintenance release for the last HDP release the HDP 3.1 End of Full Support is set for December 2021 this show how serious Cloudera want to shelve the HWX brand and move on very fast I am sure that most customers will be encouraged to migrate to the new combined offering Cloudera Data Platform [CDP] ie HDF has been rebranded Cloudera DataFlow [CDF]

Reference: https://www.cloudera.com/legal/hwx/support-services-policy.html

Contributor

Hi,@Geoffrey Shelton Okot,I got it , and i am looking forward to arrival of CDP .

Mentor

@Jeff Yang

If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to log in and click the "accept" link on the answer.

That would be a great help to Community users who'd have the same question in mind

Thank you .