Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Windows - Hive connection issue through ODBC using Hive ODBC Driver for HDP 2.3

Windows - Hive connection issue through ODBC using Hive ODBC Driver for HDP 2.3

Contributor

I installed Hive ODBC Driver for HDP 2.3 on my windows machine. I am trying to connect to hive through ODBC(hadoop is installed on CENTOS and the cluster is kerberised).I encoutered following error. I followed the hortonworks document.I gave the server ip and port as 10000. hiveserver2 is running and working fine. Please find the screenshot odbc_error.png attached. Please suggest a solution.

odbc-error.png
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Windows - Hive connection issue through ODBC using Hive ODBC Driver for HDP 2.3

@Vandana K R

You have to check the connection string and version of ODBC. Please provide the screenshot of your connection if possible

Highlighted

Re: Windows - Hive connection issue through ODBC using Hive ODBC Driver for HDP 2.3

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

When you say kerberized, which directory services are you using AD or Linux KDC? If you are using AD and your Windows in on same AD you should be able to connect.

To troubleshoot try using beeline in CentOS CLi to connect to hiveserver2 using jdbc and proper credentials.

Highlighted

Rising Star

I have the same problem.

HDp-2.3.6 and Hive ODBC driver v2.1.5,.

I get the below error.

FAILED! [Hortonworks][Hardy] (34) Error from server: connect() failed: errno = 10060.

I tried with know too but same error.

My cluster is kerberized and Windows machine from which I am trying to connect to Hive server used AD Kerberos.

AD and my local MIT Kerberos are trusted in one-way.

I am able to connect using old driver but problem is with the new driver.

Please help us with it.

Highlighted

Rising Star

I was able to connect from CLI using jdbc URL.

!connect jdbc:hive2://<hivesrever>:10001/default;principal=hive/hiveserver@HADOOP.COM;transportMode=http;httpPath=cliservice

Highlighted

Rising Star

My problem solved.

Do as below when connecting via Knox

Hortonworks Hive ODBC driver DSN set up

Hive server type: hiveserver2

Authentication mechanism: user and password

Thrift transpot: HTTP

Select HTTP options:

HTTP path: gateway/<topology-name>/hive

Select SSL options:

Enable SSL

Allow common name Host name mismatch